Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Almost fall

(Photo taken last year during our first East Coast fall.)

It is hard to believe it is the end of October when it is 85 degrees with 90% humidity. It is getting warmer and the rain is coming less, and sometimes I completely forget what month it is. Like, it could be the middle of summer and I wouldn't know.

This morning David and I woke up early and went for a jog around the neighborhood. We left our house while it was still dark and tried our best to dodge the sleeping dogs and potholes. David said something about how there weren't as many people around as usual. I joked that maybe they all knew about a big rainstorm coming in that we didn't (this happens all the time).

Then it started to rain. "This isn't too bad. Remember that time in Costa Rica? That was way worse." Then it started to rain harder. And harder. After a few minutes, we were completely soaked. The rain pounded our bodies and the nasty gutter water overflowed onto our legs. We passed by people huddled under overhangs, wondering what the crazy white people were doing out in the storm.

And though we looked ridiculous (almost forgot to mention we were matching in black tank tops and red shorts), it was great. It felt cold, and the sky was dark and cloudy, and it felt like fall. At this point, I'll take what I can get.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Hahaha. That's wonderful ;)

Alt-ternative Universe said...

I love this post Lindsay. I had the fall feeling today too. It got cold enough this morning in the house that I put on a light-weight LONG sleeve shirt. It felt all cozy. By 3:30 the house was humid & hot & I turned on the A/C, but until then it felt "fally."

Kate Troescher said...

Just ran across this on David's fb page and I'm so glad to hear you crazy matching kiddos are doing well! Stay adventerous! Wishing you both all the best from the city by the bay.