Friday, October 1, 2010

Adventure


There will be a time when I look back on my experience in Sierra Leone and wish for more. More interaction. More conversations. More memories. More life. I will damn the days that I laid on the bed and watched movies on the laptop, the days we spent confined by the concrete walls of our compound. The me now says, “But it is hard. We don’t have a car. We don’t know where to go. It is a challenge just to communicate. We make mistakes and we look like fools.” The me then will say, “Why did you let that stop you? There was so much to see and so much to learn. Do not be afraid. Seek out adventure! Go! Live!” And so I will try.

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I can't even believe how brave you are!

Lindsay said...

Awww...you're sweet! Thanks for the comments.