Monday, September 28, 2009

This is fall


Okay, okay, I know I'm a nerd. But, to me, this is perfect. 

This summer we stopped through SLO and had brunch with our dear friends. One of the high points? Looking across at Jen and realizing that her nails were the exact fall hues of her dress. That isn't nail polish, but paint that happened to stick to her fingernails so perfectly. The colors! It was a sign. Fall would come. The trees, on their way to nakedness, would encourage their leaves to change from reds and oranges to yellows and browns. And now, now that fall is here, we get to be the witnesses. 

1 comment:

Jen Manuele said...

yay! my little sausage fingers made the blog :)
I bet the fall is gorgeous where you are!
Met a guy you worked with at LifeWater last night at the cafe. Sam, I think. We all miss you.