Friday, September 11, 2009

Grace

It is one of those times when my spirit feels heavy and discouraged. So much of life is sad. There are layers upon layers of pain and grief that every person carries, whether visible or protected inside, and my burden is that I tend to take others' sadness as my own. My sweet friend Vanessa gave me these verses yesterday, and they remind me that I don't need to be strong. It's okay to cry and breathe in the pain of this world. His grace is enough. Thank goodness.

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

1 comment:

Megan said...

Mmmm one of my favorites. God is so good