Friday, September 4, 2009

Missing SLO

As much as I'm loving the city life, I miss this too. Really miss it. 


I miss getting off work and rushing over to hike Bishop's. Hurrying up the path to make it to the top before dusk sets in. The freshness and newness of the air I'm breathing and the plants I'm passing. Feeling the cool breeze at the top and considering God's creation, the beauty of this area of the world. Little peaks rising unexpectedly, a town of twinkling lights weaving through, vineyards stretching out in rows, the blue ocean just beyond. There are some things I will miss forever. 

2 comments:

jen manuele said...

slo misses you too...
We miss the whir of the ego racing by. We miss your little voices inside the cafe. We miss your laughs, faces, smells. We miss your easy to access friendship, running into you spontaneously, and sharing meals. Catan isn't near as fun without you.

BUT

we can't wait to see you in your new city. being cool Marylanders. This season is perfect for you.
love jen

Scott and Carly said...

well slo misses you too! Crap, someone already wrote that. but it is true. But I am sure you two are creating fun adventures in your new surroundings. MISS YOUR FACE