Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The boy with the smile

My dear friend Reagan just sent this message and these photos. David and I met him while I taught classes at a "library" for orphans or kids whose parents were too poor to afford proper school. He won my heart with his huge smile and his wiggly hips. He taught me how to dance like a Ugandan.

My mom now pays for Reagan to attend school, so periodically we receive photos and report cards. He is an excellent student, and his teachers are full of praise. With schooling he can grow and learn and have the opportunity to care for his family. Look at his sweet little outfit and his sneaky smile:




Last time we saw each other he was just learning his ABCs! I hope I get to see him soon. I want to tell him how proud I am and talk about how much he has grown. I want to meet his mother and hold his siblings. But most of all, I want to see that smile again.

1 comment:

jen manuele said...

oh man! he's adorable. I want to squeeze every little face in that picture. How special for you guys to see the progress you have made for him and everyone in his life!
we love you guys