Thursday, June 18, 2009

$3 massages


(Super cool Lao massage outfits.)

Yesterday I got a massage, and it made me long to be back in Lao where the massages are $3 and you can get one everyday. I think I would be a different person- a much happier, more peaceful person.

The boy who gave me the massage is a student at the youth group, and he giggled when I told him David had been there the week before. In Chinese he asked his parents if they remembered a tall blond guy coming in, and they laughed and his dad held up his hands about 2 feet apart in reference to David's big feet. Then the boy said something surprising: "David is so loud and talks so much, and you are so quiet. How, what... how is it like to talk to each other?" So quiet, huh? Then it was my turn to giggle, and I assured him it worked out fine.

No comments: