Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We went up a rung on the cool ladder

We are officially triathletes. You heard me. Nevermind that we did the short course while others did things with "Ironman" and "Olympic" in the titles. We have number markings on our legs to prove that we are now "elite" athletes. 

Clearly, I use that term loosely. Who knew that so many moms could kick my booty on a bike? Seriously, I couldn't believe how many middle-aged-mom-types put me to shame on the hills. It turns out that riding my bike to work twice wasn't an adequate training program. David's bike broke on mile 2 of the ride, and he had to finish in just one gear. Nevertheless, he beat my bike time by almost 10 minutes. My excuse? I just don't have mom quads.

We finished with smiles on our faces! That's the goal, right?

(Notice the guy in the orange hat. He and David shared a moment when they realized that they looked alike- tall, blond beards, no wet suits. He looked at David and said, "Brother?")

(Woop woop! Me and intern Brooke. We started and finished together without even planning it. Precious!)


(Yes, that is "Team Lifewater" written across his chest. The jerseys were too small for that hot bod.)




A .25 mile swim, 9.7 mile bike ride, and 2 mile run later. Looking fresh!


3 comments:

Meggie-Poo said...

You guys rock!!! I forgot that that triathlon was coming up! Good for you two! PS you're adorable. Call me soon!!!

jen manuele said...

were so proud of you guys!

sis Kimberlee said...

Oh you better believe we've got quads...and asses, and hips...and thighs...but awesome for you Linds and David!! Love yous twos!!!