Thursday, May 14, 2009

The beard

(The beard isn't in its full glory here, but you get the idea.)

So David loves this beard he's been growing. I, on the other hand, do not. It's not the idea of the beard that I don't like, it's the length. It's an inch long! You can see light through it! I've been asking him to trim it for about a month now, and he just giggles, full of pride for his creation. 

Today he finally went in to the salon (apparently his beard deserves Aveda treatment), and on the way he passed a girl who said, "Hey there gorgeous!" He felt flattered and excited that someone finally appreciated his beard. As he told me the story, he added, "She wasn't bad either." I was shocked at her boldness! And a little proud of my husband, impressing the ladies.

Not 10 minutes later, as he walked back the other way, he saw a sign in Sephora that said, "Hey there gorgeous." The girl had read the sign out loud to her friend right as David passed. I laughed so hard. 

But who knows, maybe the girl stole the phrase from the sign but was motivated to say it by David's rockin' beard. A boy can dream, right?

No comments: