Friday, July 23, 2010

Before we left

I'm going to admit something I don't want to admit. We were very homesick our first couple of weeks here in Sierra Leone, and we spent a lot of time daydreaming about what it would be like to live back in California. It is not that we didn't like it here, it's just that the time before we left was packed full of family, friends, and so much love. I keep having to remind myself that weddings and baby showers and friend reunions are special and rare occasions that will not be happening every weekend while we are gone. If they did, I'm pretty sure I would have been incapable of leaving.

College roommate reunion
Sister's perfect weddingLaughy family
Beautiful pregnant sister Beautiful pregnant best friend (who is now past due!) High school friend reunion

I am glad to be in Sierra Leone, I really am.... Just so long as all you people agree not to have any fun until we get back. Deal?


3 comments:

Jen said...

deal :)

Kathleen Pearson said...

Hi. That didn't really work for me last time, now did it? But how could we possibly have funsies without YOU? I mean DAVID? Hehe. Just wanted to stir the pot. Love, kisses, and love to you both. (But more to David.)

mwhite said...

Life OBVIOUSLY couldn't be fun without you two ;)