Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two things


1) I'm a klutz. I am not proud of this, but I feel like admitting it makes it less embarrassing.
I was starting to think I outgrew it. I have not. In the past 24 hours, I dumped an entire glass of water on David's pile of bills, closed my finger in a door, dropped my papers twice while leaving campus, stepped on David's ankle while getting into bed, and tripped over a dog. I spent time last night trying to convince David that I actually am coordinated. That leads me to number 2.

2) Snowy weather makes people nice.
The first time I dropped my papers, a women ran and pinned them down with her foot so they wouldn't fly away. The second time (about 30 seconds later), a little girl picked them up and handed them to me. Once I started walking again, a woman said, "Be careful. The ground is icy."
After the blizzards, we were trying to parallel park in a snow-covered spot. A couple of guys drove by in a truck, and David and I both commented that they had mean looks on their faces. After they parked, they walked over and offered to push our sweet/weak little Honda over a snow mound. Turns out they weren't mean after all! (Yes, we felt bad for being judgmental.) I waved an apology to another man waiting for us to park, and he smiled nicely. Once we were parked and out of the car, he drove by and said, "Be careful, it's slippery out here!"
And finally, a few days ago, we were parking and a boy walked over to remove a ball of snow that was blocking our tire.
Are they being nice because they can tell this snow/ice thing is new for us? Do we look that out of place?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet pic!!!

Sally Loo's Cafe said...

it may be the snow, OR, it may be that the two of you are finally taking over Baltimore! Your friendly 'slo-ness' is quick to rub off and melt their hearts. bwah ha.


ps. i love you and miss you like carazy

Leigh Pearce said...

These klutzy stories remind me of the time you fell at SWC. I lol when i think about it...is that bad...sorry...LOVE U

Lindsay said...

Leigh! I haven't thought about that in a while. That was definitely, definitely the worst. OMG. I'll probably have nightmares about it tonight. I'll have to write about that someday.

Alicia said...

Lindsay! I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! ;) And even MORE excited to find you have a blog as well. yay!! I am going to follow you now!

xoxo
Alicia

PS: I am a HUGE Klutz too. This made me laugh.