Sunday, March 8, 2009

Whales and me

The other night, Nicole from church had a dream with me and another girl from church, Ashley. Picture this. In the dream, Ashley was the worship leader. She ran up and down the aisles pumping up the congregation, singing "Superfreak." The deacons stood in the front row, embarrassed, shaking their heads, trying to figure out how to get her to stop. Then I went up to preach the sermon. The topic: whale migration. It was very interesting and informative, despite having nothing to do with Jesus. 

Whales?! Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a strange connection to whales, or rather, they have a connection to me. They come to me in dreams. I've dreamt about releasing two humpbacks into the wild (appropriately named "Hump" and "Back"), flying evil orcas, a friendly winking humpback, a kamikaze beluga who jumped onto a boat, etc. The morning of my wedding the news reported that a pod of humpbacks was hanging out in a cove near the wedding site. And then, on my honeymoon, I saw a mommy humpback with her baby. David had planned a whale watching boat adventure before the dreams even started. I am not sure what it all means, but I imagine it's pretty special.

And the most interesting thing is that Nicole had no idea about whales and me. It just came to her in a dream. 

(Nessie and me with Hump and Back in Maui.)

(Mama humpback in Costa Rica. She's there, just far away.)

No comments: