Thursday, February 12, 2009

That weird lady downtown

So you all know that weird lady who hangs out outside of Peet's? The one who wears dark, shaggy clothes and pushes around a basket on wheels? Well, she's not just weird, she's crazy. Let's just call her Crazy.

Last night my Bible study went out to dinner for Michelle's birthday. We decided to go to Thai Palace, which happens to neighbor Peet's. While walking to the restaurant, I spotted my lovely friend Erin in the window. After getting her attention with lion motions and sounds, she noticed us and came out to giggle and hug and chat.

She wasn't alone. Crazy came too.

Crazy walked directly up to me, stood a foot away, looked me in the eye, and asked, "Are you going to hurt my family?"

Me: "No."

Crazy: "I hope not."

She then turned around and sat at a nearby table. Excuse me? Why, out of our entire group, did she accuse me of wanting to hurt her family?

I will never know.

No comments: