Thursday, February 19, 2009

Penny, the lamb

David and I have been hanging out with a little baby lamb. She's only a week old, and her mom at the Cal Poly farm rejected her. It makes me want to cry. They tried to graft her on to a new mom, but the new mom didn't want her either. I just can't understand why. My coworker Sada and her husband Matt are making sure that little Pen Pen grows up healthy and strong by bottle-feeding her and taking her home every night to sleep...in their bed!  

(Baby Penny cozying up in David's manly arms.)

Penny visited the office today, and created quite a ruckus. People were literally lying on the ground to look at her and oohing and ahhing whenever she baaed. She's very sweet and she'll just sit in your arms all day. Or she'll follow you around. It kind of reminds me of that Arrested Development episode where the employees are herded to Catalina. Oh, silly sheep with small brains. But cute. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't decide if this is sad, cute or funny. I felt all kinds of emotions while reading. Well, I hope she stays happy and healthy. That picture is super sweet :)