Friday, March 12, 2010

Reminder


Last night I dreamt about my sister Kristin. I haven't done this since a few months after she died. We were running around a house together, dancing and laughing. We went to a hallway and she taught me some steps from a line dance. She was healthy and full of life.

I wandered over to the bedroom from my childhood and everything in it was gone. Kristin had stuffed it all into my closet. When I opened the closet door, I found all of my things and a pair of gold heels that I love. I was relieved to know it was all still there, just moved to a different place.

When I woke, I wasn't sad. The dream didn't seem at all out of the ordinary. Maybe God was using it to remind me that Kristin is like those things in my closet, still here but in a different place.

1 comment:

The Bartons said...

what a cool dream! random that i dreamed last night of my dad too- my whole family was gearing up and going skiing like we always did in Oregon. Just having fun, joking, etc. and when I awoke I just smiled and had such peace too. awesome.