Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am the specialest girl in the whole world

(Courtesy of Greg's iPhone.)

David threw me a SURPRISE party because he loves me and wanted to celebrate my going to grad school. We went to Farmer's and when we got home I opened the door to little Sally Loo, the Manuele's cute little pooch. I was immediately confused, and couldn't figure out how Sally got into the apartment without a key and opposable thumbs. I must have verbalized my confusion, because I heard a couple of giggles coming from the bedroom. I walked in, and there were Sada and Matt, Carrie and Greg, Jen and Brandon, and Erin. Many of my dearest SLO friends all in the same room!

They set everything up while we were at Farmer's: got the pizza, got candy out of hiding spots and put in bowls, moved furniture, lit candles, and on and on. David left a letter with instructions like, "Lay bed sheet out like picnic table, unless it looks stupid. Then skip it, or whatever," and, "Take matches. Light candle by front door and candle in bathroom (in case anyone does a dookie)."

My favorite instruction: "Oh, almost forgot. GET CAKE OUT OF EGO." David drove across town with a cake in the back of his electric scooter! And not just any cake, but the amazing chocolate ganache cake from our wedding. It even said "Congratulations" on it.

I feel so loved and so special.


(We look like a bunch of goobs, but I love these goobs.)

1 comment:

jen manuele said...

we are pretty cute goobs too! Look at sal, so concerned. ha. you are loved!