Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dreaming of Maui (and friends)







Now that I'm in the final weeks of my program, I've been thinking back on how it felt to finish undergrad. I'll just say it: leaving undergrad was the end of an era that I still haven't quite gotten over. You see, I had the best college friends ever. I lived with 4 amazing girls for the last 2 years of college and my heart aches to think about it. The big house on Buchon with the porch swing and fountain, the green kitchen where we would talk for hours, "family dinners" and snuggle sessions, taking over the dance floor wherever we went, and the laughter, oh the laughter.

After graduation, we went to Maui for a week. This trip ranks among the most fun experiences I've ever had. We played in the waves, swam with turtles, had drinks and snacks every day at happy hour, sat in a hot tub under the stars, skinny dipped in the ocean (!), went to a luau, jumped off cliffs into pools, danced and sang to JT in our hotel room, and just loved each other as only best friends can. I miss these girls. Can we go back, please?

2 comments:

ebry said...

Yes please!
and maybe we'd see Jose Z?

I love you linds and i miss you TONS.

Kathleen Pearson said...

I'm emotional today and this almost set me over the edge. Uh-oh. Oahu anyone?