Monday, December 14, 2009

Shuttle driver


Today started out rough. I grabbed my coat and rushed out the door, aware that the shuttle would be there any minute and the next wasn't going to come for another half hour. I joined the long line stretching down the sidewalk and waited for the shuttle to come down the street. When it arrived the students filed on and took their seats or standing spots. With just 3 of us left, the driver turned and said, "Uh uh. No more room."

The standing students squished in a bit more, making room for all of us. The driver said, "Okay, you and you, come on. But not you. No room," and closed the glass door in my face. I could see the students in the front saying, "No! There's plenty of room. She can fit!" But the driver shook her head from side to side and pushed on the gas. I was left standing all alone.

I turned, feeling dejected and frustrated. I might have cried. I wasn't the last kid picked for the kickball game. I was the kid who wasn't picked at all. I was the kid who was told to go sit against the wall and watch.

I've always been a good shuttle rider. I say "thank you" to the drivers and I never talk on the phone. Why did she have to be so mean?

4 comments:

Meg said...

OMG! How rude! That's unbelievable! She must have known you had to get to class right? I mean really, what's one more person!? Ridiculous! I hope you weren't too late to class :/

Kimberlee said...

:( My poor little sis.I'll kick her ass for you!!!

Sally Loo's Cafe said...

you are kidding me!? I am so upset with that driver. She couldn't handle your sunshine! Don't let it get you down beautiful friend!!

Anonymous said...

wowwwwwwww that is just plain cruel!!! biotch
Utterly unbelieveable!!!
She will definitely get coal in her stalking Linds don't worry!